Photobucket

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 7 Last Day RMNP and Estes Park

Well this would be the last day of our vacation (except the long driving day ahead). I'm not counting that one. On our final day we gave the National Park one last go; stopping again at Sheep Lakes and the Alluvial Fan. We then spent the morning and early afternoon in downtown Estes Park. We went to the glass blowing shop and watched the artist making things. That was really neat and each of the boys got a little souvenir there.









We went down to Tregent Park and then had lunch at Penelope's. Yep you heard it right we didn't have a picnic today. It was YUMMO. We spent some time going into shops. Everything is so touristy so we were happy when we came upon a few year round stores! After doing a little bit of shopping we headed back to the cabin where we spent the afternoon relaxing or sleeping in some cases. We got the car nearly packed up for the ride home the next day.





We ended our vacation with a nice pizza from the Estes Park Brewery and go kart riding and monster sliding at Fun City. I'm so glad we did this. When I first looked into this during the planning phase of vacation I didn't think we would do it b/c it seemed pricey and it's something we could do right here at home. Except when i saw their faces light up each time we drove by Fun City and to hear them talking about wanting to ride the go karts I knew I didn't want to let them down. After all they did do pretty much everything Levi and I wanted to do on vacation. What a joy. They had soooo much fun. My only regret is that we didn't do more rides!







Well there you have it. In summary that was our vacation. I'll spare you the gory details of the fighting between the boys on the way home. If you have kids and they've had to sit next to each other in a car for an extended period of time; you already know what I'm talking about! *laugh.

Hope you've enjoyed my stories or find something useful for your upcoming Rocky Mountain Adventure.

For us the best parts were Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods, Mount Evans, the scenic drives, Bear Lake and Sprague Lake. These are all kid friendly!

No comments: